Sunday, September 14, 2014

Week 4: Famous Last Words

Well, the beginning of the week was definitely strange. I drove Monday night to Walmart with my roommate and a friend to get her a bike, and, since my car is small and we didn't have bike rails, we ended up putting the bike in my car through the sunroof. It was the friend's idea, and I still have no idea how we managed to accomplish that. It definitely amused some strangers; two of them asked to take a picture of it in the car. After we got back to campus, thankfully not pulled over by the police for having half a bike sticking out of my car, we managed to get it out somehow. But the night wasn't over. An hour later, a couple of people and I tried to teach my roommate (who had never learned) to ride the aforementioned bike, and it ended up with her falling a few times and random comments of encouragement from strangers.

And with a couple of friends on Thursday, we randomly found this gecko in my dorm building. It was so cute! It was red and really small; we trapped it in a cup for a while and named it Newt (the Gecko), since we thought it was one at first. According to one of my hall mates, it wasn't a newt. So we got it right.


Red Gecko
(Source: Wikimedia)

On Friday, with those same friends, I went to Raising Cane's for dinner. And since my name is super hard to pronounce for most people at first sight, I decided to go with 'Bob' as the name the order was under (someone dared me to). The guy just looked at me funny when I told him, and asked 'Bob?' incredulously. I couldn't keep a straight face when he said it (though I really wanted to).

That's pretty much it. Probably the most random part of my story was on Monday. It was actually pretty fun teaching my roommate how to ride a bike. She ended up learning fairly quickly.







1 comment:

  1. Hi Lakhsmi,

    All of the stories you told in this story were so entertaining and funny! Putting the bike through your sunroof was definitely a creative way to solve the problem. It's so funny to me that someone could make it all the way to college without knowing how to ride a bike. But then again, I'm sure there is something that I don't know how to do that is common knowledge to everyone else. Nice post!

    ReplyDelete